– The New York Film Festival starts tonight, and J. Hoberman looks at some of the longer films that test the endurance of cinephiles, while Graham Fuller explores “”The Invisible Woman,” directed by Ralph Fiennes. If you’re trying to decide what to see at the festival, Craig Hubert picks 5 films you may have missed.
– Jordan Riefe gives his view on the Emmy Awards, which aired last Sunday, including Michael Douglas’ heartwarming speech.
– Craig Hubert previewed the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Mozart’s “Così fan tutte,” which marks the return of James Levine to the company.
– Larry Blumenfeld writes about Vijay Iyer, who was awarded a MacArthur Genius Grant.
– Patrick Pacheco discusses the success of “Here Lies Love,” the David Byrne-Fatboy Slim musical.