– The New York Film Festival starts tonight, and J. Hoberman looks at some of the longer films that test the endurance of cinephiles, while Graham Fuller explores “ »The Invisible Woman, » directed by Ralph Fiennes. If you’re trying to decide what to see at the festival, Craig Hubert picks 5 films you may have missed.
– Jordan Riefe gives his view on the Emmy Awards, which aired last Sunday, including Michael Douglas’ heartwarming speech.
– Craig Hubert previewed the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Mozart’s “Così fan tutte,” which marks the return of James Levine to the company.
– Larry Blumenfeld writes about Vijay Iyer, who was awarded a MacArthur Genius Grant.
– Patrick Pacheco discusses the success of “Here Lies Love,” the David Byrne-Fatboy Slim musical.